As a ‘smart' reader, the K663/RDR module, formats a number or an ID that is consistent with the host system's expectations. When the transaction involves a card with cryptographic security (Mifare Plus, Desfire), the module is also able to get authenticated (3DES or AES) and to read the data in an encrypted communication.
The module needs an antenna :
- either balanced
- or 50Ω unbalanced antenna.
It depends on your size constraints or the type of tag to support (see in our antennas portfolio or ask for a custom-made one).
The module only needs to be powered in 3 up to 5V and can be updated without being stripped down (firmware upgrade is available here). Communication with host is made with a RX/TX serial link at TTL level (0-5V), in compliance with CMOS (0-3V). Thanks to the Low Power Standby mode (LPCD), the host can sleep until the coupling device gives the information that a card is shown.
- 2-year limited warranty
- RoHS & WEEE compliant (environmental protection)
- Carrier frequency: 13.56MHz
- ISO 14443 (1, 2, 3 and 4, both type A and type B): Proximity Coupling Device (PCD)
- ISO 15693 (1, 2, 3): Vicinity Coupling Device (VCD) or Base Station for RFID labels and tags
- ISO 21481 (ECMA 352): the device is able to communicate with any NFC object running in card emulation mode
- 106kbit/s (ISO 14443, NFC-A & NFC-B), 212 or 424kbit/s (FeliCa, NFC-F), 26kbps (ISO 15693, NFC-V)
- ASK CTS256/CTS512
- ATMEL CryptoRF
- Calypso (CD97, CD21, GTML, etc), Innovatron radio protocol "14443 B'"
- FeliCa Lite, Lite-S (NFC Forum T3T)
- HID iClass, Inside PicoTag (UID only)
- Infineon SLE66 family
- Innovision Jewel, Topaz (NFC Forum T1T)
- NXP Mifare UltraLight, NTAG (NFC Forum T2T), Mifare Classic, Mifare Plus, Desfire, SmartMX...
- NXP ICODE-SLI family
- ST MicroElectronics SR, SRI, SRIX families
- ST MicroElectronics LR family
- Texas Instrument my-d proximity
- Texas Instrument my-d vicinity
- Thinfilm NFC Barcode
- 4 processing templates to fetch data from the cards (UID, stored data, APDU response...)
- Low power card detection mode (LPCD) to reduce power consumption while waiting for a contactless card
- 'S' version: balanced integrated antenna
- 'A' version: unbalanced integrated antenna
- Serial - 38400 or 115200bps
- Free SDK for SpringCard access control readers
- 3 to 5V DC
- 2 x 10 pins, 2.54mm step
- In-field, no physical action on the device using SpringCard FUU application (provided that the RESET pin is controlled by the host)
- In-field configuration using secured "master cards"
- Readers & RFID Scanners: Card Templates reference - pdf - Latest, All versions
- SPRINGCARD RFID+NFC SCANNERS - K663/RDR - Configuration and Software Guide - Latest, All versions
- K663 Hardware Integration Guide - pdf - Latest, All versions
- Modules with antenna Characteristics and Integration Guide - Latest, All versions