The K663/RDR-TTL, K663/RDR-232 and K663/RDR-485 modules include the antenna: they are then the ready-to-use version of the K663/RDR module.
Their size is small (69x45mm antenna) but they are able to communicate with contactless cards or compliant badges at a distance up to 10cm.
Designed to be easily integrated, they require only a single 3 to 5V power supply, and support in-field firmware upgrade. Thanks to the Low Power Card Detection (LPCD) mode, the K663/RDR can be used even in power-constrained systems.
Communication with host is ensured thanks to a serial link. The product name then depends on the kind of link:
- K663/RDR-TTL: RX/TX serial link at TTL level (0-5V) communication, in comliance with CMOS (0-3V)
- K663/RDR-232: RX/TX serial link at RS-232 level (EIA 232 : -6/+6V) communication
- K663/RDR-485: RS-485 (EIA 485) half-duplex serial communication
- 2-year limited warranty
- RoHS & WEEE compliant (environmental protection)
- Carrier frequency: 13.56MHz
- ISO 14443 (1, 2, 3 and 4, both type A and type B): Proximity Coupling Device (PCD)
- ISO 15693 (1, 2, 3): Vicinity Coupling Device (VCD) or Base Station for RFID labels and tags
- ISO 21481 (ECMA 352): the device is able to communicate with any NFC object running in card emulation mode
- 106kbit/s (ISO 14443, NFC-A & NFC-B), 212 or 424kbit/s (FeliCa, NFC-F), 26kbps (ISO 15693, NFC-V)
- ASK CTS256/CTS512
- ATMEL CryptoRF
- Calypso (CD97, CD21, GTML, etc), Innovatron radio protocol "14443 B'"
- FeliCa Lite, Lite-S (NFC Forum T3T)
- HID iClass, Inside PicoTag (UID only)
- Infineon SLE66 family
- Innovision Jewel, Topaz (NFC Forum T1T)
- NXP Mifare UltraLight, NTAG (NFC Forum T2T), Mifare Classic, Mifare Plus, Desfire, SmartMX...
- NXP ICODE-SLI family
- ST MicroElectronics SR, SRI, SRIX families
- ST MicroElectronics LR family
- Texas Instrument my-d proximity
- Texas Instrument my-d vicinity
- Thinfilm NFC Barcode
- 4 processing templates to fetch data from the cards (UID, stored data, APDU response...)
- Low power card detection mode (LPCD) to reduce power consumption while waiting for a contactless card
- Serial - 38400 or 115200bps
- TTL / CMOS compliant (0-5V or 0-3V)
- RS-232 (-6 / +6 V)
- RS-485 (differential - bus)
- Free SDK for SpringCard access control readers
- 3 to 5V DC
- 8-pin JST SHR (serial link)
- In-field, no physical action on the device using SpringCard FUU application (provided that the RESET pin is controlled by the host)
- In-field configuration using secured "master cards"
- In-field configuration through serial link using SpringCard MultiConf application
- K663 Hardware Integration Guide - pdf - Latest, All versions
- Modules with antenna Characteristics and Integration Guide - Latest, All versions
- Readers & RFID Scanners: Card Templates reference - pdf - Latest, All versions
- SPRINGCARD RFID+NFC SCANNERS - K663/RDR - Configuration and Software Guide - Latest, All versions