The TwistyScan is the new smart reader of SpringCard. It is composed of the TwistyWriter TTL, 232, 485 and of a 2D reader for barcodes. The TwistyScan is able to read barcodes, NFC tags and RFID labels.
The TwistyWriter TTL, 232, 485 is a smart reader that can operate in two modes. In the first mode the TwistyWriter communicates with the card and transfer the cards informations, if it has some, to the host system. In the second mode the TwistyWriter is dependant from the host system. The reader will interrogate the card only if the host system asks for it.
The TwistyScan gather data and store them all in the same area whether they come from an NFC smartphone, a barcode label or a smartphone without NFC. Data read by the 2D reader go through the TwistyWriter that transmit those to the host system.
The main advantage of the TwistyScan is to have on the same device a 2D barcode reader and the TwistyWriter which will read NFC/RFID tags.
Warning: Low Power Card Detection only on serial products.
- Carrier frequency: 13.56MHz
- ISO 14443 (1, 2, 3 and 4, both type A and type B): Proximity Coupling Device (PCD)
- ISO 15693 (1, 2, 3): Vicinity Coupling Device (VCD) or Base Station for RFID labels and tags
- ISO 21481 (ECMA 352): the device is able to communicate with any NFC object running in card emulation mode
- ISO 18092 / NFC peer-to-peer (initiator, passive communication mode only)
- Coupler's firmware embeds T=CL protocol (ISO-DEP), 256-byte frames
- 106, 212, 424 or 848kbit/s (ISO 14443, NFC-A & NFC-B), 212 or 424kbit/s (FeliCa, NFC-F), 26kbps (ISO 15693, NFC-V)
- ATMEL CryptoRF
- ASK CTS256/CTS512
- Calypso (CD97, CD21, GTML, etc), Innovatron radio protocol "14443 B'"
- FeliCa Lite, Lite-S (NFC Forum T3T)
- HID iClass, Inside PicoTag (UID only)
- Infineon SLE66 family
- Innovision Jewel, Topaz (NFC Forum T1T)
- NXP Mifare UltraLight, NTAG (NFC Forum T2T), Mifare Classic, Mifare Plus, Desfire, SmartMX...
- NXP ICODE-SLI family
- ST MicroElectronics SR, SRI, SRIX families
- ST MicroElectronics LR family
- Texas Instrument my-d proximity
- Texas Instrument my-d vicinity
- Thinfilm NFC Barcode
- APDU interpreter, giving easy access to memory contactless cards (NFC Forum Tags, Mifare, ICode and others) through classical READ BINARY and UPDATE BINARY commands
- Remote, balanced
- Serial - 38400 or 115200bps
- SpringProx binary or ASCII protocol
- TTL / CMOS compliant (0-5V or 0-3V)
- RS-232 (-6 / +6 V)
- RS-485 (differential - bus)
- Free SDK featuring 'SpringProx API' (full ANSI C source code+ binary for Windows and Linux)
- 3 to 5V DC
- 8-pin JST SHR (serial link)
- 4-pin JST SHR (balanced antenna)
- In-field, no physical action on the device using SpringCard FUU application (provided that the RESET pin is controlled by the host)
TwistyWriter Hardware Integration Guide - pdfUnavaiblable, All versions