SpringCard K663 module is designed to be the core of a 13.56MHz reader/writer communicating in a serial link with its host (microcontroller ou embedded system).
The module needs an antenna :
- either balanced
- or 50Ω unbalanced antenna.
It depends on your size constraints or the type of tag to support (see in our antennas portfolio or ask for a custom-made one).
The module only needs to be powered in 3 up to 5V and can be updated without being stripped down (firmware upgrade is available here). Communication with host is made with a RX/TX serial link at TTL level (0-5V), in compliance with CMOS (0-3V). Thanks to the Low Power Standby mode (LPCD), the host can sleep until the coupling device gives the information that a card is shown. See a video (1'08) explaining the LPCD.
Here is the presentation of the K663 module in video.
- Carrier frequency: 13.56MHz
- ISO 14443 (1, 2, 3 and 4, both type A and type B): Proximity Coupling Device (PCD)
- ISO 15693 (1, 2, 3): Vicinity Coupling Device (VCD) or Base Station for RFID labels and tags
- ISO 21481 (ECMA 352): the device is able to communicate with any NFC object running in card emulation mode
- ISO 18092 / NFC peer-to-peer (initiator, passive communication mode only)
- Coupler's firmware embeds T=CL protocol (ISO-DEP), 256-byte frames
- 106, 212, 424 or 848kbit/s (ISO 14443, NFC-A & NFC-B), 212 or 424kbit/s (FeliCa, NFC-F), 26kbps (ISO 15693, NFC-V)
- ATMEL CryptoRF
- ASK CTS256/CTS512
- Calypso (CD97, CD21, GTML, etc), Innovatron radio protocol "14443 B'"
- FeliCa Lite, Lite-S (NFC Forum T3T)
- HID iClass, Inside PicoTag (UID only)
- Infineon SLE66 family
- Innovision Jewel, Topaz (NFC Forum T1T)
- NXP Mifare UltraLight, NTAG (NFC Forum T2T), Mifare Classic, Mifare Plus, Desfire, SmartMX...
- NXP ICODE-SLI family
- ST MicroElectronics SR, SRI, SRIX families
- ST MicroElectronics LR family
- Texas Instrument my-d proximity
- Texas Instrument my-d vicinity
- Low power card detection mode (LPCD) to reduce power consumption while waiting for a contactless card
- 'S' version: balanced integrated antenna
- 'A' version: unbalanced integrated antenna
- Serial - 38400 or 115200bps
- SpringProx binary or ASCII protocol
- Free SDK featuring 'SpringProx API' (full ANSI C source code+ binary for Windows and Linux)
- 3 to 5V DC
- 2 x 10 pins, 2.54mm step
- In-field, no physical action on the device using SpringCard FUU application (provided that the RESET pin is controlled by the host)