Can your company become a member of the Bluetooth SIG ?
Bluetooth Brand Guide & Logos
The Bluetooth® brand is globally recognizable with up to 92% consumer awareness. This is why so many companies use the Bluetooth word mark and logo on their packaging and advertising, and throughout their marketing. When consumers see the Bluetooth brand they know the product is trusted and will work with any other Bluetooth products they already own.
The Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) owns and protects the Bluetooth word mark, figure mark and combination mark (collectively, the Bluetooth trademarks). In order for a company to use the trademarks, two things must happen:
1) the company must be a member of the Bluetooth SIG
2) the goods offered must be fully qualified and declared through the Bluetooth Qualification Process. Members should always refer to the Bluetooth brand guide when using the logos.
Market Your Bluetooth Product
After you join the SIG and qualify and declare your product, you now have the right to use the Bluetooth®Trademark License (owner of the Bluetooth trademark) and each member authorizing use of the Bluetooth trademarks. Members can also take advantage of the different ways the Bluetooth SIG will help you promote your product.
- Imagine Blue Awards—enter your product or application in our yearly award program for a chance to be promoted on Bluetooth SIG websites, press releases, social media channels, and other SIG communications
- Bluetooth Media Events—several times a year in all the different regions of the world, we invite the media and analysts to meet with members who are creating products for the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Public Relations—We work throughout the year with press and analysts sharing our members’ vision and roadmap for the IoT. We also give members an opportunity to feature their press releases on our website or add a quote from a Bluetooth SIG representative
- Bluetooth World—the only event where Bluetooth technology meets the Internet of Things (IoT). You can network with industry leaders or show off your product in the exhibit hall
- Guest Blogging—contact us at any time to explore the possibility of writing a guest blog
Brand Enforcement Program
The brand enforcement program ensures members are correctly using the Bluetooth brand.
In order to protect the trademarks, the Bluetooth SIG administers an enforcement program that monitors the market and performs audits.
It ensures that members using the trademarks are doing so in accordance with the Bluetooth brand guide and in relation to goods and services that have successfully completed both qualification and declaration.
Members can report a violation
Bluetooth SIG members are a major source of information for this program by reporting violations. There is no requirement to use the Bluetooth word mark or logos in relation to a good or service, but if the trademark(s) are used then it can ONLY be used by a member of the Bluetooth SIG and for a properly declared product.
Members not completing the requirements or misusing the Bluetooth trademarks for the products they build, brand or otherwise represent as their own, are subject to enforcement action.
Published on 04/24/2018