The FunkyGate-IP PC/SC is a reader/writer fitting for physical access control applications. Two versions are available:
FunkyGate-IP PC/SC: RJ45 10/100Mbps connexion, 9 to 12V external power
FunkyGate-IP+POE PC/SC: power-over-Ethernet RJ45 10/100Mbps connection. That means that the network cables carry electrical power.
It is designed to be installed on a wall or a door frame. It has a buzzer and two red/green luminous lights. In addition to be an access control reader, the FunkyGate-IP PC/SC is also a powerful coupler able to rapidly read or write cards, and whose security level allows an end-to end encrypted communication.
The host system (computer or embedded system) can use the FunkyGate-IP PC/SC directly at a TCP/IP socket level, or use PC/SC drivers supplied by SpringCard. The software integration and the application development are thus really easy.
Here is the presentation of the FunkyGate IP-PC/SC in video.
- Carrier frequency: 13.56MHz
- ISO 14443 (1, 2, 3 and 4, both type A and type B): Proximity Coupling Device (PCD)
- ISO 15693 (1, 2, 3): Vicinity Coupling Device (VCD) or Base Station for RFID labels and tags
- ISO 21481 (ECMA 352): the device is able to communicate with any NFC object running in card emulation mode
- ISO 18092 / NFC peer-to-peer (initiator, passive communication mode only)
- Coupler's firmware embeds T=CL protocol (ISO-DEP), 256-byte frames
- 106kbit/s (ISO 14443, NFC-A & NFC-B), 212 or 424kbit/s (FeliCa, NFC-F), 26kbps (ISO 15693, NFC-V)
- ATMEL CryptoRF
- ASK CTS256/CTS512
- Calypso (CD97, CD21, GTML, etc), Innovatron radio protocol "14443 B'"
- FeliCa Lite, Lite-S (NFC Forum T3T)
- HID iClass, Inside PicoTag (UID only)
- Infineon SLE66 family
- Innovision Jewel, Topaz (NFC Forum T1T)
- NXP Mifare UltraLight, NTAG (NFC Forum T2T), Mifare Classic, Mifare Plus, Desfire, SmartMX...
- NXP ICODE-SLI family
- ST MicroElectronics SR, SRI, SRIX families
- ST MicroElectronics LR family
- Texas Instrument my-d proximity
- Texas Instrument my-d vicinity
- Thinfilm NFC Barcode
- APDU interpreter, giving easy access to memory contactless cards (NFC Forum Tags, Mifare, ICode and others) through classical READ BINARY and UPDATE BINARY commands
- Ethernet 10/100 TCP/IP v4
- PC/SC v2 compliant - TCP/IP protocol based on USB CCID specification
- PC/SC driver for Windows Vista/7/8/10 (32 and 64 bits)
- Supported by PCSC-Lite open-source PC/SC stack and driver on Linux and Mac
- Power: 9 to 24V DC
- 2-point screw terminal (power)
- RJ45 (network)
- Through USB, using Renesas FDT application