The FunkyGate-IP POE PC/SC is a reader/writer fitting for physical access control applications. Two power supply can be used :
- RJ45 10/100Mbps connexion, 9 to 12V external power
- Power-over-Ethernet RJ45 10/100Mbps connection. That means that the network cables carry electrical power.
It is designed to be installed on a wall or a door frame. It has a buzzer and two red/green luminous lights. In addition to be an access control reader, the FunkyGate-IP PC/SC is also a powerful coupler able to rapidly read or write cards, and whose security level allows an end-to end encrypted communication.
The host system (computer or embedded system) can use the FunkyGate-IP POE PC/SC directly at a TCP/IP socket level, or use PC/SC drivers supplied by SpringCard. The software integration and the application development are thus really easy.
Here is the presentation of the FunkyGate-IP POE PC/SC in video.
- First smartcard PC/SC over Ethernet coupler, as easy to use as an USB coupler
- Rugged wall-mount reader (identical shell for all the SpringCard wall readers)
- 2-year limited warranty
- RoHS & WEEE compliant (environmental protection)