The SpringCard H663-USB module is designed to be the core of a 13.56MHz reader/writer communicating with a host (computer or embedded system) supporting the PC/SC standard. The speed of the USB interface coupled with the high rate of the ISO 14443 standard enables the H663-USB to reach the best transaction speed.
The module is a H663 module attached on a 69x45mm antenna. It is small and able to communicate with smart cards and compliant badges at a distance up to 10cm.
The module can be updated without being stripped down (firmware upgrade is available here).
Here is a presentation of the H663 USB module in video.
- Carrier frequency: 13.56MHz
- ISO 14443 (1, 2, 3 and 4, both type A and type B): Proximity Coupling Device (PCD)
- ISO 15693 (1, 2, 3): Vicinity Coupling Device (VCD) or Base Station for RFID labels and tags
- ISO 21481 (ECMA 352): the device is able to communicate with any NFC object running in card emulation mode
- ISO 18092 / NFC peer-to-peer (initiator, passive communication mode only)
- Coupler's firmware embeds T=CL protocol (ISO-DEP), 256-byte frames
- 106, 212, 424 or 848kbit/s (ISO 14443, NFC-A & NFC-B), 212 or 424kbit/s (FeliCa, NFC-F), 26kbps (ISO 15693, NFC-V)
- ATMEL CryptoRF
- ASK CTS256/CTS512
- Calypso (CD97, CD21, GTML, etc), Innovatron radio protocol "14443 B'"
- FeliCa Lite, Lite-S (NFC Forum T3T)
- HID iClass, Inside PicoTag (UID only)
- Infineon SLE66 family
- Innovision Jewel, Topaz (NFC Forum T1T)
- NXP Mifare UltraLight, NTAG (NFC Forum T2T), Mifare Classic, Mifare Plus, Desfire, SmartMX...
- NXP ICODE-SLI family
- ST MicroElectronics SR, SRI, SRIX families
- ST MicroElectronics LR family
- Texas Instrument my-d proximity
- Texas Instrument my-d vicinity
- Thinfilm NFC Barcode
- APDU interpreter, giving easy access to memory contactless cards (NFC Forum Tags, Mifare, ICode and others) through classical READ BINARY and UPDATE BINARY commands
- USB 2.0 full-speed (12Mbit/s), compliant with USB 1.1 and 3.0
- PC/SC v2 compliant - USB CCID profile
- PC/SC driver for Windows Vista/7/8/10 (32 and 64 bits)
- Supported by PCSC-Lite open-source PC/SC stack and driver on Linux and Mac
- Powered by USB (5V DC)
- 5-pin JST SHR (USB)
- In-field, no physical action on the device using SpringCard FUU application and Atmel USB DFU driver
- 'H' Series OEM PC/SC Contactless Couplers leaflet - pdf - Latest, All versions
- H663 USB QuickStart Guide - pdf - Latest, All versions
- H663 Developer's Reference Manual - pdf - Latest, All versions
- Introduction to PC/SC development - pdf - Latest, All versions
- Modules with antenna Characteristics and Integration Guide - Latest, All versions
- H663 Hardware Integration Guide - Latest, All versions
- Antenna Integration Guide - pdf - Latest, All versions
- MultiConf - Configuration tool for SpringCard products - sdk - Latest, All versions
- QuickStart for PC/SC - win32-setup - Latest, All versions
- Smartcards and contactless smartcards - Integrator's Implementer's Guide - pdf - Latest, All versions